We know – VR can be expensive. It’s also been a known fact that it works best with high-end computers, but that doesn’t mean it’s still not possible on a budget. Mike O’Brien is teaching us everything we need to know to get started with Virtual Reality Headset (Meta Quest Pro); have an amazing time! We’ve tested all of the headsets on this list with the game, and they all work!
For anyone who wants to try this, here are simple steps to undertake to replace your laptop with a Virtual Reality Headset:
- First, you’ll need the meadow workspaces app, which is super easy to use, well-integrated, and free to use. Which happily works with a Mac or a Windows laptop with no problem.
- You should have had no screen glare from lights or windows around you.
- Have multiple monitors which will act as separate monitors on your MacBook so; for example, extensions like mag net that will allow you to snap windows to the left or the right side.
- Because you’ll be using multiple monitors, you’ll have to learn some hand gestures to make it easy to bring them into the middle, like using your fingers to click or pinch at each one.
- The audio is 360, making it more immersive as if it were displayed in front of you.
Here are some of the drawbacks of replacing your laptop with a virtual reality headset:
- It’s really hard to read things, and you’ll be needed to zoom in on your browser tabs.
- If you’re not sitting perfectly upright, or even if you are, it’s a lot of extra strain on your neck.
- This thing is definitely really heavy.
- You need to wear earbuds while the speakers are passable.
This idea has a lot of application possibilities, whether you need many monitors when traveling, living in a tiny apartment, or just at work. However, several of the flaws discussed in this video article were actually crucial and made it impossible to utilize this as a workable alternative display for a laptop.